Monday, January 9, 2012

Israel, Day 1: Jerusalem

My blog will mainly consist of my link to my facebook photo album from my first day in Jerusalem.

We mainly followed the Christian story in Jerusalem today. We followed the Via Dolorosa (the way of agony), the Holy Week for Christians. We saw the Temple Mount former religious center for the Jews and Christians; now ruled by Muslims. We went to some historically significant sites like the Roman excavations and ancient walls which protected the ancient city.

We learned how Jerusalem even became the epicenter of three major monotheistic religions. We were 'reminded' that the Jews were not the ones responsible for the death of Jesus, the Romans were.

I'll have more posts with more information on Jerusalem in the next few days, but as I said, an enormous amount of information can be found on my new Facebook album; located here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150478640878170.362559.576288169&type=1

No comments:

Post a Comment